Skip to main content

Insignia Wireless Headphones Review: My Opinion

Insignia Wireless Headphones Review: My Opinion

Model: NS-CAHBTOE01

Video Review




So, I got a new job as a Software Engineer and I needed a new headset for my office as my old ones were going to hell and I wanted something wireless I could use so I didn’t have to be tethered to my desk.

I wanted to get a good pair without having to pay a premium price. So off to Best Buy I went to look around and see what I could find.

I went to the computer section, either all the headsets were either high end. All the fancy lights for gaming plus the extra programmable buttons I didn’t really need for my day job. There was another section with a couple of cheap headsets, but they looked too cheap and they looked like they wouldn’t hold sound very well and didn’t want to irritate my neighbors at work when they hear my jam session.

I left the computer section and went to the dedicated headset section. They all were really overpriced for what I was looking for, noise-canceling and a lot of marketing jargon. But then I spotted in the corner a pair of Insignia over the ear headphones.

In the box, they looked like good quality and they were a decent price at $39.99. They looked promising so I gave a purchase and would give them a chance.

I got home and didn’t want to wait until I got to work to try them and connect to Bluetooth right away to try the sound out. They connected smoothly to my Desktop and my phone, which is good.

It came with an audio cable, so if you didn’t have Bluetooth you have the option to plug it in, but all devices nowadays normally have Bluetooth preinstalled. Sorry to the people I offended on that one..ha-ha.

Overall, the durability of the headphones is going to be a test of time, but they feel like they were built to last. If you adjust the headphone, the grip feels firm but flexible and lock into place well.
They are comfortable, I could wear them the entire shift at work and sometimes would forget they were on my head. So that is always good to not feel pain from the headset.

The sound was great, I would say they were in line with some of the higher-end headsets you would try on in the fancy displays. The only thing I noticed they don’t have on par with the higher end headphones is noise canceling. Although you put them on and they muffle the sounds around you, it’s nothing like true noise-canceling headsets, but still not bad for a pair that is half the price as the competitors.

You have all the right button options, play, pause, volume up, and volume down. They even have buttons to skip tracks if you’re listening to music. All the buttons are easy to find without having to take the headset off. Which is nice as some headphones have so many that you can’t really find the one you need.


This fit so snug and comfortably I wanted to give these a try at the gym on a run to give it a test if they would slip off. I went on a 30-minute run and they didn’t even budge. Now, this may be subjective as I am 6’2” and may have a bigger head than most, so if you’re a smaller person, this may not be the case for you.
Before

After



The range on these things are great, I can hold the connection almost all the way to the break room in the office I work at, but I do have an end office and don’t have that many walls to go through, but still, a good 30 yards before they begin to get choppy.

What others are saying.

I didn’t really look at reviews before I bought this pair and did some looking after I decided I really like this headset and other people on Amazon are saying great things about them as well. They have a 4.5 out of 5 stars, which is exceptional for a product online.

You almost must expect some problems with electronics here and there, so a few bad reviews are unavoidable.

I did see that one person did say they were not good for working out as they would slip off as I said, I got a big noggin. Can’t help it.

The Final verdict

I’m going to say these are a great buy. There are in the middle ground on the price to performance. If you’re on a budget and looking for a headset for general use and want them wireless, you can’t go wrong with this pair.

The only thing I haven’t really had time to test is the durability and that will be a while before I have a chance to see them break, well let’s hope anyway!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Windows 10 How To Create A Zipped Folder

If you’re here, you’re probably looking for a guide on how to Create a Zipped folder. I’m assuming at this point you know what is and just want to compress your files. So let's get started. 1.  Right-Click in the location you want to create a Zipped folder. 2. Click new, then select Compressed Zipped folder. 3. This will create a zipped folder in that location, then give the folder a name. Within the zipped folder, you can drag in whole folders or just files and they will then be compressed.   You can copy and paste folders in and out of the folder, and they will be compressed and decompressed as it is put in and taken out. In this example, we have a folder with a text file with some text. The size of the file in the none compressed folder: The size of the file now smaller in the compressed folder: You can also take a folder that isn’t compressed and make it compressed. Say you have a project with many folders and files and you’re done with it. You can send it to a zipped folde

How To Change Windows Default Sounds

 If you’re interested in how to change windows default sounds, you have come to the right place. Here we will cover everything there is to know about changing Windows default sounds. So let’s get started. 1.  Right-click on the desktop and click personalize. 2.    Then select Themes on the left. 3.    Then there will be an option for sounds. 4.    Once you click on sounds you will be greeted with a new window like below: 5. You will be greeted with all the sounds your computer makes. You can modify these sounds to whatever sounds you would like.    You will see there is a drop-down menu that says windows defaults unless you have already modified your sound in the past, which if you’re reading this, chances are you haven’t. By default, you can only choose no sound or the windows default sounds.  If you modify the sounds, which we will get to, you have the option to save the sound scheme as a different name. That is the save as button.  Then of course you have the delete option, to

Windows 10 Themes Part One

 If you’re here chances are you’re looking to learn how to make a new them in windows 10. You come to the right place as there is a lot of settings we’re going to be covering. This will be a two-part article as I don’t want these to get too long and give you time to digest some of the content and come back to it later. But let’s get started as we have a lot to cover in this tutorial. 1.  First You will want to right-click on your desktop and click the option personalize, like below: 2.    Then on the left-hand menu, we are going to want to select themes: You will be greeted with many options to customize your theme as pictured above. The Top half of the window is your current theme. The bottom half of the window is your saved themes. So they will be themes that you have created in the past that you can still use if you would like. There is also the canned themes that came with Windows that are already there. We’re going to be covering the top half of the first and making a new them